segunda-feira, 16 de dezembro de 2013

Ballet-Hommage (December 15th, 2013)


A Premiere’s evening has always a certain trace in the air… a certain feeling of excitement… an unsual smell...

Even so I was not quite sure of what to expect...


You see, I have a big problem in understanding Forsythe’s “language” and I knew that the first ballet I was going to be confronted with was one oh his’. Anyways…
After leaving my coat at the checkroom I took my seat – a lovely one by the way – on the 7th row… just to find out that the lady beside me did not much care about washing herself.

Simply unbelievable. Unacceptable.

To make a (very) long story short: Forsythe’s dance language and the odeurs that this woman exhaled made it quite impossible for me to enjoy the first part of the show.

Miss Esina did not leave a lasting impression, a fact that has been quite common during this last season. Aloofness at its height!

Even so I could concentrate on very exact, precise performances full of joy and professionality given by Alice Firenze, Rafaella Sant’Anna and adorable Prisca Zeisel.


Alexis Forabosco’s confident stage presence as well as Vladimir Shishov’s and Mihail Sosnovschi’s “know-how” under/around the limelight made the first part of the show a pleasure.

Odeurs or not…

God...

I changed places after the intermission...

Second part:

At the beginning of the evening I have had the pleasure of meeting Natalia Horecna (and her Mother and a friend) and wish her personally a big “Merde".
She did not need it really – Miss Horecna’s choreography is a joy! It “tells a story”, it is made of flesh and blood… and it "stole the evening"!


I love her complete lack of hierarchy respect, simply mixing members of the corps de ballet with soloists (like Lazik, Peci, Papava, Sosnovschi) and tossing and mixing ingredients to get a better result… like in a very good organic-oriented kitchen. Miss Horecna’s “vision” is a very healthy one, combined with lots of joy… Even though the costumes by Christiane Devos were unimaginative and boring, “Contra Clockwise Witness” was the Star of the evening!

Impressive: the Death Angels played by Attila Bakó, and terribly talented Ryan Booth and Greig Matthews…

Third part of the show:

Études… what shall I say? Show-off? Circus? You name it… but we love it anyways….

Lovely Corps de Ballet, great Sylphides played by talented Eszter Ledán, Flavia Soares and Maria Tolstunova.


Kiyoka Hashimoto gave a very competent, correct performance. She unfortunately does not seem to be able to break the “fourth wall” on stage and “come through” to the audience…

Denys Cherevychko and Davide Dato “brought the house down” with their brilliant performances.
Roman Lazik was quite “out of place” in such company.



Lovely party after the show - and the chance to talk to some personalities of the world of dance that mean a lot to me: Dagmar Kronberger, Renato Zanella... lovely...

Nenhum comentário: